Bussetti’s eventful history and successful growth began in 1930, when “Gross, Bussetti & Co”, formerly part of the K&K Ölindustrie AG, was founded in the Viennese district of Hernals. During its first years, the company focused on developing auxiliaries for use in leather production. Research, sales, administration, and production were all housed at the head office in the Rötzergasse.
In 1952, following World War II, the first production facilities were moved off the premises, and the new factory was built in Marchtrenk, in the Hausruck region. Step by step, the product portfolio grew. New industries were added. The first products for the pulp and paper industry were developed in the 1950s, with expansion into the biotechnology sector following in the 1960s. At the same time, the company’s activities took an increasingly international focus. Now the Bussetti sales team were active around the world, from Latin America to Asia, at trade fairs, exhibitions, and industry events. Strong customer relationships were, and remain, a key factor in the success of this Austrian chemicals company.